Sunday, December 27, 2009

Mommy and Me

So, I'm at dinner, and I say to my mom, "What's happening tomorrow?" Then she says, "I don't know." There's a long beat, and then I say, "Wanna help me look for an internship?" And she says, "Okay, I'll look for you--help you look, Tomorrow." And that Freudian slip, my friends, basically sums up our relationship. She does everything for me, and I let her, because I'm a co-dependant slob, and a waste of a person. Laaaame. This happens all over the place. My mom took me to the mall today too to return Xmas presents that didn't fit/were made of allergy-inducing wool. And by "took me" I mean that I was there, standing behind her, while she told the woman at the counter that she wanted to return these gloves, and get those ones. When she told the woman at Journey's that the boots were too big and that I needed a 7 not a 7 1/2.

I need to grow a pair. A pair of what, I'm still not sure. But I need to start growing them fast, because I'm gonna end up one of those 40-year-old basement dwellers if I don't get a move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment