Thursday, December 24, 2009

Xmas Eve Sorrows

So I went to my cousins' house for Christmas Eve. This is a family tradition that we do every year. I have only one uncle (and no cousins) on my Dad's side of the family, and my Dad is a non-practicing Jew anyway, so there's never been any kind of dilemma about which side of the family to spend xmas eve with.

I used to absolutely LOVE christmas eve. I loved seeing my cousins, I loved exchanging presents, I loved the whole thing. And when my grandma was alive, she used to make me and my cousins all orniments for christmas, like homemade painted ones, which I thought were great. It was a tradition I looked forward to every year.

Now its a nightmare. A fucking nightmare. The cousin who I used to be closest too (we used to wear matching sweatshirts) has turned into the biggest fucking ******** I've ever known. She's loud, and obnoxious, and meeeeeean. Plus, I have to listen to a bunch of racist and homophobic slurs from all of my cousins. My one cousin, the one I hate, screamed SPIC! when when we were driving, because the car she was tailgating was going to slow for her. Then my other cousin's friend came over, and started talking some BS about Jewish people and Asians. Then she threw her coffee cup out the window of the car and said "I'm creating a job for someone." Congrats.

So yeah, fuck Xmas Eve. Now it's all about Christmas Day. Which I'll spend with just my immediate family. But this year my parents are divorced, so I have to spend half the day with each, which sucks. But at least I won't have to listen to "That's so gay" or "she's such a faggot" all damn day. And that's enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment